About the movie Emergency Declaration
Emergency Declaration is a 2022 South Korean disaster thriller film directed by Han Jae-rim and starring Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Nam-gil, and Kim So-jin. The film follows the passengers and crew of a commercial flight that is forced to make an emergency landing after a mysterious virus outbreak occurs on board.
- Song Kang-ho as Captain Seo-jin
- Lee Byung-hun as Aviation Minister Jang-ho
- Jeon Do-yeon as Flight attendant So-young
- Kim Nam-gil as Detective In-ho
- Kim So-jin as Flight attendant Hee-jin
Plot of the story (synopsis)
A commercial flight from Seoul to Los Angeles is forced to make an emergency landing in Busan after a mysterious virus outbreak occurs on board. The passengers and crew are quarantined in the airport, and the government is called in to investigate the outbreak. As the investigation progresses, it becomes clear that the virus is more dangerous than anyone could have imagined.
Short profile of the movie
- Genre: Disaster thriller
- Director: Han Jae-rim
- Screenplay: Park Ju-hwan, Ryoo Yong-jae
- Producers: Kim Tae-sung, Kang Dong-won
- Cinematographer: Lee Hyung-deok
- Editing: Kim Sun-min
- Music: Mowg
- Country: South Korea
- Language: Korean
- Running time: 139 minutes
What makes Emergency Declaration stand out
- The film’s realistic and suspenseful depiction of a major disaster.
- The strong performances from the cast, particularly Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, and Jeon Do-yeon.
- The film’s timely and relevant message about the dangers of a global pandemic.
Emergency Declaration is a gripping and suspenseful film that is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat. It is a film that is both entertaining and thought-provoking, and it is a film that is sure to leave a lasting impression.
Here are some additional thoughts on the film:
- The film’s realistic depiction of a major disaster is both terrifying and thought-provoking.
- The strong performances from the cast help to bring the characters to life and make the film even more engaging.
- The film’s timely and relevant message about the dangers of a global pandemic is both sobering and important.
Overall, Emergency Declaration is a must-see film for fans of disaster thrillers and anyone who is interested in the dangers of a global pandemic.