About the movie Decision to Leave
Decision to Leave is a 2022 South Korean romantic mystery film directed by Park Chan-wook. The film stars Tang Wei and Park Hae-il. It follows a detective who investigates the death of a man and falls in love with the man’s wife.
- Park Hae-il as Detective Hae-joon
- Tang Wei as Seo-rae
- Lee Jung-hyun as Seo-rae’s mother
- Go Kyung-pyo as Seo-rae’s ex-husband
- Park Yong-woo as Detective Seo-yoon
- Jung Man-sik as Detective Kim
- Kim Eui-sung as Seo-rae’s father
- Kim Sung-kyun as Seo-rae’s brother-in-law
- Kim So-jin as Seo-rae’s sister-in-law
- Lee Ki-young as Seo-rae’s neighbor
Plot of the story (synopsis)
Detective Hae-joon is investigating the death of a man who fell from a cliff. The man’s wife, Seo-rae, is a Chinese national who does not speak Korean very well. Hae-joon is drawn to Seo-rae, and the two of them begin to spend time together. As Hae-joon gets to know Seo-rae better, he begins to suspect that she may be involved in her husband’s death. However, he is also falling in love with her, and he is torn between his professional duty and his personal feelings.
Short profile of the movie
- Genre: Romantic mystery
- Director: Park Chan-wook
- Screenplay: Park Chan-wook, Chung Seo-kyung
- Producers: Go Dae-seok, Baek Ji-sun
- Cinematography: Kim Ji-yong
- Editing: Kim Sun-min
- Music: Jo Yeong-wook
- Country: South Korea
- Language: Korean, Mandarin Chinese
- Running time: 138 minutes
What makes Decision to Leave stand out
- The film’s slow-burning pace and ambiguous plot will keep you guessing until the very end.
- The chemistry between Tang Wei and Park Hae-il is electric.
- The film’s beautiful cinematography and haunting score will stay with you long after you have seen it.
Decision to Leave is a masterfully crafted film that is sure to please fans of Korean cinema. It is a film that is both beautiful and thought-provoking, and it is a film that will stay with you long after you have seen it. I highly recommend it.